I completed Always Remember Me quite some time ago, and it has since become one of my favourite visual novels. It made me realise though, that although I didn't have trouble figuring out the game dynamics - this didn't necessarily apply for other people. The following is a general walk through on how to clear the game itself, and down lower will be a more in depth walk through on each individual suitor.
If you still want to play the game yourself, I suggest reading only the general tips. If you're really struggling, feel free to scroll down to the suitor section. I hope this walk through helped everyone struggling with Always Remember Me.
I will be posting a review on the game soon enough, and will link it here.
This walk through is in no way affiliated with Winter Wolves.
- Once you gain access to the mall (after speaking to Hugh for the first time), buy the Relaxing Infusion ($30). This will help you recover more energy whilst you sleep, as you will no longer have nightmares.
- During the first week, Amy’s moral and energy will be low from the news of Aaron’s condition and the accident. Don’t worry if not much things can be done, as she will quickly recover afterwards.
- Every weekend, work overtime at least twice (I usually like to work overtime twice on Saturday, and twice on Sunday). Saving up money to purchase particular items towards your suitor, or using services make a big difference towards the end of the game! (especially during normal mode)
- It is better to do overtime during the weekends as there are more customers, and higher money bonuses.
- Save up money to attend the Writing Course ($30) during the evening on the weekends. This raises ALL STATS, and makes a big difference towards the end of the game.
- Purchase items that help you raise your particular stat! For example: if needing to use the “update my blog” option to raise discipline – buy the Classical Music ($99). This helps in the success rate of activities that need you to write. In the long run, it makes raising stats much easier!
- Each suitor has a particular area where he usually appears. It would also make sense that most of his “event scenes” would be in that place. Remember though, not ALL of your suitor event scenes will be in this place – for it is up to you to explore and find out the other places he will appear :)
- Always remember to save at decision points. If you made the wrong choice, feel free to reload and try again. In normal mode, it is crucial to find all event scenes AND make the right choices – as it can easily affect the ending of the game.
- The game ends on September 5th – giving you almost three months to “woo” your particular suitor. Manage your time wisely!
- To achieve the “special ending” you need 100 affection points, and 99 skill points (depending on which suitor). For the “normal ending” you only need 100 affection points
- If you don’t meet either of these requirements, you will get the “alone” ending.
- Once you reach 80 affection points, and you choose the action “write a poem” – you will write a special poem for that suitor. In turn, you achieve 5 skill points towards the associated suitor’s stat.